Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Title
    Administrator

What do YOU want in your sections?

We want you guys to build our new sections at Broadcasting World! Tell us what features you would love to see at Broadcasting World in the following sections...

1. News
    2. Reviews
    3. Broadcasting
    4. Webcasting
    5. Imaging
    6. Downloads
    7. Tools & Scripts

These are the new sections at BW. We want you to tell us what you want. E.G: Comments on reviews or Product Comparisons or Reviews For Broadcasting Gear...

You tell us in this thread! :biggrinthumb:

Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    Maybe expand a little to the podcasting community? I would love it if a couple of them would come over here, and I could see some podcast shows to syndicate. So many little podcasting community forums out there as well. Like little encampments.

Also NSV video keeps growing in popular demand. The biggest reason you dont see a lot of web hosting for it is because right now flash live stream is very expensive (Flash Media Server, Wowza) on servers. Its a matter of time before NSV2 comes in and rules the world and a programming group like WHMSonic makes it easy to host. Maybe make a NSV forum? It might stay dead for a good 6mo. to 2 years, but NSV will eventually take off bigger than it is now.

Call it a hunch.

7. Tools & Scripts

I would love to write a couple of reviews for webcasting open source software programs until I'm blue in the face.

Maybe make a rating system consisting of 1-5 points for 5 considerations.

For software.

1) flexibility- Is this program going to let me do what I want when I want to do it. Automation? Drag and drop file options? On the fly changes?

2) Compatibility- What is the ease of growing with my system? If I change OS's, will this program be able to grow with me?

3) Perks- Does this software have something that sets it apart from the run of the mill software of its type?

4) Reliability- Does this software do what it claims it does?

5) Ease of use- Am I going to get a headache trying to get the hang of adjusting to it?
    KNSJ.org / 89.1 FM San Diego

Title
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutish Sailor View Post
    Maybe expand a little to the podcasting community? I would love it if a couple of them would come over here, and I could see some podcast shows to syndicate. So many little podcasting community forums out there as well. Like little encampments.

Also NSV video keeps growing in popular demand. The biggest reason you dont see a lot of web hosting for it is because right now flash live stream is very expensive (Flash Media Server, Wowza) on servers. Its a matter of time before NSV2 comes in and rules the world and a programming group like WHMSonic makes it easy to host. Maybe make a NSV forum? It might stay dead for a good 6mo. to 2 years, but NSV will eventually take off bigger than it is now.

Call it a hunch.

7. Tools & Scripts

I would love to write a couple of reviews for webcasting open source software programs until I'm blue in the face.

Maybe make a rating system consisting of 1-5 points for 5 considerations.

For software.

1) flexibility- Is this program going to let me do what I want when I want to do it. Automation? Drag and drop file options? On the fly changes?

2) Compatibility- What is the ease of growing with my system? If I change OS's, will this program be able to grow with me?

3) Perks- Does this software have something that sets it apart from the run of the mill software of its type?

4) Reliability- Does this software do what it claims it does?

5) Ease of use- Am I going to get a headache trying to get the hang of adjusting to it?
    Great stuff! I will look into podcasting, we had it a year ago and it just died. Maybe if i introduce it just a bit in the site and if it proves to be popular then i will add a podcasting section in the forums.

This is exactly what im looking for! Thanks for the suggestions! :D
    Keep em' coming!

Title
    Ok first content a place where we can find stuff to use on air or on our websites and Scripts would be nice.

Title
    At the sub-tab "Reviews" You can add also a review section for "downloads" and "tools and scripts"
    Maybe your current tab "Tools and scripts" can be part of the sub-tab "Download" ..
    this makes a sub-tab "Downloads" with a dropdown to "Software Gear" - "Tools and Scripts" etc etc

The following is just an idea / proposal :
    tab Broadcasting : keep current dropdown but with a content about FM/AM/SW stations
    tab Webcasting : keep current dropdown but with a content and dropdown about Web stations, Podcast and Streaming Video
    This can look more logical to several users .. not sure .. its just my point of view

I agree with the proposals written by Brutish Sailor ... (ratings and software)
    All items can have a rating button of 1 untill 5 stars .. These stars can be a flavicon style logo of BW (as used into the avatar of James)

Hope this was usefull ..
    Visit and listen @ BW !

Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by GKREurope View Post
    You can add also a All items can have a rating button of 1 untill 5 stars .. These stars can be a flavicon style logo of BW (as used into the avatar of James)
    Hope this was usefull ..

YES! I like it.

Maybe make two rating systems.

One for BW, the other called "user rating", so we could input our own rating on software.

This one would display the sum of all ratings.

I'll look for a script like this and see what i can dig up.

Title
    Administrator
    So.. sort of like www.cnet.com style of reviews?

Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    That would be awesome.

It "keeps it real" as my friends would say in the past.

Title
    If I look to the product review section of cnet.com thats about the idea
    Members who reply can make also their "rating" who gonna give an average rating on top of the item (download, article etc etc)
    On top of that rating there can be made an editor rating .. this gonna compare both to eachother ...
    I guess a lot of work for James .. but it would give an awesome view on that section of the BW website
    Visit and listen @ BW !

Title
    Senior Broadcaster
    Yep. This is going to be great!