Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Title
    Thanks Karl ... great reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kwdservices View Post
    I am sorry if I sound too critical or rude, but people need to understand how things actually work for stream hosts.
    and no you didn't sound rude ... Telling the truth is important !

PS : I'm wondering why US members always apologize themself for being rude if the truth is told.
    To Me as European it still sounds strange if I read apologies because that one was willing to write the real facts ...
    :doh:strange world ... isn't
    Visit and listen @ BW !

Title
    Again you show little or no respect for your competition in comparing MyShoutserver to a used car.

With regard to your grammar skills, here is a life tip: http://writing.lifetips.com/faq/6071...ard/index.html

I have a small little station. I made a choice to go with value after doing my homework. I have had no issues whatsoever in almost five months. If the quality of service should fail in the next day, week or year then I will still have saved a considerable amount of money.

I can see that I can not convince you to stop your petty criticisms of a host you have failed to research so I will let those who can think for themselves decide if MyShoutserver is a good choice.

Title
    Administrator
    RoosterRadio, nobody is criticising you or MyShoutServer. I have recommended my friend to MyShoutServer and he is very happy with his server and the level of customer service We are a worldwide community and many of our members speak many different languages, spelling is not a big issue and all that matters is the conversation and the friendly advice given around here!

Ive currently got your station in my playlist on my BoomBox for friday, i look forward to listening to it! :D

Title
    RoosterRadio just to let you know I got slots from them this weekend .

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RoosterRadio View Post
    With regard to your grammar skills, here is a life tip: http://writing.lifetips.com/faq/6071...ard/index.html
    I am terribly sorry if I offended you by making a small grammar mistake while writing that post in a hurry....

While I do agree that it is annoying to see the "two, too, to" mistake and spelling mistakes, I don't see why you need to criticize over a tiny error like that. Again, sorry if I offedned you, but I really have better things to do in my day than proof reading and checking every single use of grammar twice while posting in forums.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RoosterRadio View Post
    I can see that I can not convince you to stop your petty criticisms of a host you have failed to research so I will let those who can think for themselves decide if MyShoutserver is a good choice.
    Hi Rooster,

I would really appreicate if you could quote where I criticized MyShoutServer because I am unable to find it in my posts.

I also find it interesting how you've only made 7 posts here at Broadcasting World, 4 of which have a very negative attitude.

Thanks

Title
    I think Myshoutserver.com is reliable enough for small-time broadcasters, besides, you get what you pay for(most of the time). I would also like to remind everyone here that there are plenty of other good shoutcast hosting companies out there. Read reviews, ask other people on what they think of their Shoutcast host, if done right, you will surely find a suitable host that meets your needs.

Webcasting as a hobby costs money, think of it as a reward for the effort that you have put into your job.

Title
    I believe every stream host oversells to a certain limit to make profit if their prices are in any way competitive.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by citrus3
    I believe every stream host oversells to a certain limit to make profit if their prices are in any way competitive.
    You may think so and your prices look very competitive.

I can't believe that a Stream Host can make a statement like that.

The quality Stream Hosts do not over sell, as they do not want any buffering, and their reputation is on the line. The quality Stream Hosts use Dedicated Bandwidth only, not Shared Bandwidth, so again, they do not buffer.

Our servers are only running only at 40% to 60% of capacity.

Our prices are very competitive compared to SpacialNet, Fast-Serv, Wavestreaming, etc. and just like those quality Stream Hosts, we use Dedicated Bandwidth and we DO NOT oversell.

Your statement should have said:

"If the prices look too good to be true (100 slots at 128k for $25 a month), then they are probably overselling."
    SCS - Dedicated Bandwidth Servers
    Shoutcast / Icecast / Windows Media
    Transcoding - Auto DJ - Mobile Radio - FLASH Players - Auto DJ
    Broadcasting World's Stream Host of the Month

Title
    I am not talking about overselling to the point of causing buffering but to a point where the server is around 80% of its capacity and the stream host is still making profit and able to provide a perfect service.

Our servers are currently at 20-40% of their maximum capacity and I see that in no way as overselling.

If one reaches 80% then I would add more servers to our network.

This is the way that MyShoutServer is operating and you can probably tell due to their very competitive pricing they are selling a few extra slots here and there and not bandwidth.