Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    wykydz's Avatar
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Rep Power

    What kind of license?

    Ok what kind of license would you need to just play music and no advertisments and if your nonprofit. i been looking but there no actual guide .im in the us

  2. #2
    shoutcaststreaming's Avatar
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Los Angeles, California
    Rep Power
    You need to pay royalties to ASCAP, BMI, SoundExchange, and one or two more. It doesn't matter if you are non-profit. You play it, you pay royalties in the US.

    Since they cost a lot of money, there are a few companies that give you a blanket license for less money.

    Check out:
    SCS - Dedicated Bandwidth Servers
    Shoutcast / Icecast / Windows Media
    Transcoding - Auto DJ - Mobile Radio - FLASH Players - Auto DJ
    Broadcasting World's Stream Host of the Month

Similar Threads

  1. Some Dry Lines
    By James in forum Request A Free Voiceover
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 08:04 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 07:46 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 11:58 AM
  4. UK Digital Switchover
    By DaveyC in forum General Internet Radio Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 12:43 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts