Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Title
    Administrator

Exclamation [Please Read!] Suggestions

Hey all,

Ive finished my last exam and im ready to start coding the site some new ideas!

So far i have two suggestions that i am putting in to place in the next update...
    • Events Section (For radio & imaging related events & conferences)
    • History Category (Under Broadcast)
    I still need your suggestions by the end of this week! Please

I am also looking out for article writers, news writers & tutorial writers. Please PM me if you are interested!

Cheers!
    - James

Title
    Administrator
    Just had a thought...

What if i deleted the Broadcast and Imaging section and just stuck the articles under News, also sticking Tutorials under a "How-To" section and creating a Downloads section for scripts and oddities?

So the menu will be..
    * Forums
    * News
    * Reviews
    * How-To
    * Downloads
    * Stations
    * Talents

What do you think? Simpler?

Title
    Previously Known As arthurburton
    Rank Amateur
    I think any apps for voice pro status- should be closely vetted, in other words- make sure they are GENUINE people! After recent events especially!

If their claims/background can't be verified properly, then don't accept what they say!

Title
    Previously Known As arthurburton
    Rank Amateur
    What if i deleted the Broadcast and Imaging section and just stuck the articles under News, also sticking Tutorials under a "How-To" section and creating a Downloads section for scripts and oddities?

No, I don't think that is a good idea- it is basically OK at the moment.

I agree that a Information Section (How to) would be good! Sub sections dedicated to PAL SCXripts, PHP, Javascripts would all be very helpful.
    Perhaps a section onSoftware and tutorials, even if they point to You Tube tutorials would be a great help to many.

Title
    Administrator
    I'll be sure to do that for VoiceOver artists..

I'm running low on space in the menu bar, so either I merge the imaging and broadcast section into news (makes it easier for staff to add articles and easier for users to find articles) or I make the layout of BW extremely hard to navigate.

Hmm more opinions/ideas on this issue?

Title
    One of things I will suggest is how old posts are moved forward everytime there is a reply. I don't see this as necessary as you have a cool feature when you log in on new posts since last login. Seems everytime someone posts a reply, like recently, the new posts are moved to page 2 or 3. I can certainly see and understand popular items (from air media) as being "sticky" and remain at the top of the page. However, while it is very refreshing to see responses to posts, having old posts moved up to page one simply because of a reply, pushing back newer posts to page 2 or 3, doesn't make much sense to me. But that's just my opinion as an amateur.....maybe the pro's have better input on this.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'll be sure to do that for VoiceOver artists..

I'm running low on space in the menu bar, so either I merge the imaging and broadcast section into news (makes it easier for staff to add articles and easier for users to find articles) or I make the layout of BW extremely hard to navigate.

Hmm more opinions/ideas on this issue?
    Guess it would be possible to do it that way, however, i think it still would be nice if there would be a possibillity (with tags or something like that) that you can choose just to see either one of those categories on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinny View Post
    One of things I will suggest is how old posts are moved forward everytime there is a reply. I don't see this as necessary as you have a cool feature when you log in on new posts since last login. Seems everytime someone posts a reply, like recently, the new posts are moved to page 2 or 3. I can certainly see and understand popular items (from air media) as being "sticky" and remain at the top of the page. However, while it is very refreshing to see responses to posts, having old posts moved up to page one simply because of a reply, pushing back newer posts to page 2 or 3, doesn't make much sense to me. But that's just my opinion as an amateur.....maybe the pro's have better input on this.
    Thats how a forum works... and i guess thats the way everyone is used to it, so i would keep that just as it is.

Title
    Fanatic Broadcaster
    James, You could use a drop down menu, in the menu bar if your running out of space. Heres one you could use.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm
    "I'm Retired" Donations PayPal.Me/artistview . I only do dry reads, if you want FX's you'll have to add them, I might add them. If you use my voice please link to my art site AbstractArtist.xyz, Thank you

Title
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinny View Post
    One of things I will suggest is how old posts are moved forward everytime there is a reply. I don't see this as necessary as you have a cool feature when you log in on new posts since last login
    Unfortunately i didnt code the forum system so i cannot change much with it. But if you would like to see popular threads, you can click on "views" or "replies" at the top of the list to view in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus View Post
    Guess it would be possible to do it that way, however, i think it still would be nice if there would be a possibillity (with tags or something like that) that you can choose just to see either one of those categories on the page.
    Thats what i am planning, if i move the articles from Broadcast and Imaging and stick them in News and categorize them properly, it would be easier to search for the right article.

Its easer for us staff too, as it gets very confusing as i write lots of articles that can be put in to Imaging and Broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by billh View Post
    James, You could use a drop down menu, in the menu bar if your running out of space.
    Thanks for the suggestion! We used to have a drop down menu, i think i built it based off that one but not all browsers show it properly. I used to get daily emails saying they cannot access sections of the side because they were using safari or IE6. Thats why im staying away from dropdown menus for now.

Title
    Fanatic Broadcaster
    If people are still using IE6 they are a little behind the times I'd say. But I think most people keep their browsers up to date. If it was some time ago you got the emails. A simple script should work in all browsers these days. Something like this should work. It works in IE8, FF and Google's browser. If you know anyone with IE6 and safari have them test it for you.

<script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    function goToURL(form)
    {

var myindex=form.dropdownmenu.selectedIndex
    if(!myindex=="")
    {
    window.location.href=form.dropdownmenu.options[myindex].value;

}
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    <!--Paste code above between your head tags-->

<!--Paste code below between your body tags-->
    <form name="News">
    <select name="dropdownmenu" size=1 onChange="goToURL(this.form)">
    <option selected value="">
    News
    <option value="http://www.broadcastingworld.net/news/">
    Radio Industry News
    <option value="http://www.broadcastingworld.net/news/cat-1/">
    Internet Radio News
    <option value="http://www.broadcastingworld.net/news/cat-2/">
    Streaming Video News
    <option value="http://www.broadcastingworld.net/news/cat-3/">

<option value="">

</select></form>
    "I'm Retired" Donations PayPal.Me/artistview . I only do dry reads, if you want FX's you'll have to add them, I might add them. If you use my voice please link to my art site AbstractArtist.xyz, Thank you