Laptop or desktop ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I have a desktop as my main unit, unless I'm out of the studio then I use a laptop. During a live show I have two machines one for automation and the other has my show notes and such.

Donald M.

Operations Manager

The Indie Authority - The Authority On Indie Music!

E-Mail: dmiller@theindieauthority.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theindieauthority

Twitter: @theindieauth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I prefer to broadcast with my computer rather than smartphone. I am still not convinced live broadcasting from smartphone all that reliable. Although I have been working on doing on location segments from my smartphone. There is a few details and logistics to work out.

Due to what talk about during my episodes I need to be able to show links during the broadcast. I can only do with display capture from my second monitor.

The latest news, discoveries, interviews all the time on news magazine #goingbeyondtheheadlinesforanswers importantnewsforyou.com

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
I will only broadcast my shows from my studio and will connect the laptop directly to the internet. These days I have been broadcasting on location reports and updates/commentaries with my smartphone to post on my official instagram page.
The latest news, discoveries, interviews all the time on news magazine #goingbeyondtheheadlinesforanswers importantnewsforyou.com

• 2 months later...
I prefer to broadcast with my computer rather than smartphone. I am still not convinced live broadcasting from smartphone all that reliable. Although I have been working on doing on location segments from my smartphone. There is a few details and logistics to work out.

Due to what talk about during my episodes I need to be able to show links during the broadcast. I can only do with display capture from my second monitor.

i agree with you!

• 1 year later...
I use laptop to do my work and make my assignments and I use desktop computer to play video games. I have just built a new PC few months back when my old PC was struggling to run COD: Warzone properly. Now I have a pretty powerful PC and it can run almost all the latest games without any problem. Edited by GKIye
Redirected URL to game

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vincewaelti
I used to be very pro-desktop because they feel more "permanent/solid," but lately I've been using my laptop for everything and "docking it" with a keyboard, mouse, and big monitor. Now that I'm doing more things in the field, it makes more sense. I don't even own a dedicated desktop that isn't for work even.

• 9 months later...